New Jobs Program
On this page:
The New Jobs Program is a vital part of the Commonwealth of Virginia’s
economic development efforts. The program targets expansions of existing
companies or new facility locations. In order to qualify for assistance
under the New Jobs Program, a company must be:
- Considering another state or country for the new location or expansion.
- Generating over 50% of its revenue from outside Virginia.
- Creating at least 25 net new jobs within 12 months from the date
of the first hire.
- Making a new capital investment of at least $1,000,000 associated
with the location or expansion.
- Paying a minimum entry-level wage rate of $10.00 per hour. In areas
that have unemployment of two times or more the state level, this wage minimum
may be waived. Only full-time jobs are eligible for funding.
Contact VJIP for more information.
>> Return to Top of Page